The Project Application Engineer is responsible for assisting the
Engineering Manager and Project Management Leader with the Technical delivery
of assigned projects using value engineering.
To implement standard engineering solutions to successful completion and within budgeted time and cost constraints. May occasionally be required to work on customized engineering solutions. Network experience/knowledge is required.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities-Standard;
• Ensures that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule, and budget) are in place prior to commencing work.
• Produces part(s) of total functional design specifications under supervision.
• Develop functional design specifications for network scope of projects.
• Produces technical design specifications
• Executes work assignment to appropriate standards and quality systems (Implementation, Test & Documentation)
• Coaches and supports assigned engineer(s) to ensure they are able to meet the requirements of their work assignments.
• Monitors and controls assigned work scope against the project plan.
• Effectively communicates with customers to fully define and agree project requirements.
• Proactively recommends potential quality and efficiency improvements within the engineering group
• Shares technical knowledge with project team, supervisor, own discipline and other engineering disciplines
• Reports progress and technical problems to project and engineering supervisor.
They will use Change Control logs to create a full audit trail of all design changes to support the Project Manager in his Change Order Management activities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
· Excellent computer skills
· Previous experience working with highly complex technical solutions
· Knowledge of networking, database technology and trends in ITT would be highly advantageous
· Proven track record in a project engineering capacity involved in the delivery of technology based projects
· Experience on network and network based solutions and products
· Capability of design network systems in industrial standards.
· Previous exposure to a site base, construction environment
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· 3-5 years’ experience in control projects, with extensive on-site knowledge
· Ability to plan and schedule large projects
· Self-starting, able to work with a minimum of supervision
· Willing to develop extensive product knowledge in formal training, and in “on the job” environments, working with latest
· Honeywell technology
· Able to work cooperatively and provide technical direction in a team environment
· Commitment to customer satisfaction
· Excellent communication – both verbal and written
· The ability to work under pressure
· A strong commitment to safety and a safe working environment
· Capacity to deliver against multiple objectives
· Ability to identify technical solutions to customers’ business needs
Created with SnapSchedule and Milestone developmentCustomer relationshipsUnderstand technologyExempt