Done with errors on the page
KARPIRA Recruitment Agency
Resident Engineer (Structures/Tunnels) - Qatar
Direct the site supervision related to structure/tunnel and associated works.
Coordinate his direct activities with the other discipline RE’s to maintain consistency andintegrity in the overall construction.
Responsible for reviewing all shop drawings, design proposals, method statements, anyrequests for information relating to the structure/tunnel works.
Review of temporary works designs
Coordinate with Parsons' design Engineers for resolution of related issues.
Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
Coordinate with the Contractor on scheduling and application of resources.
Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team working on thesupervision of the construction of the structure/tunnel and associated works including AREs, inspectors and surveyors.
Coordinate with Client/PMC, the Contractor and related concerned authorities.
Advise on contractual and construction matters regarding tunnelling and associated drainage works, utilities diversions and installations, traffic diversions, and other related works.
Supervise, review, monitor and report on the progress of the structure/tunnel and associated works.
Liaise with all parties for site safety.
Convene and chair regular site meetings about issues related to structure/tunnel and associated work and related activities.
Issue additional drawings etc. as required in coordination with the design office.
Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
Act positively, and participate in all health and safety issues at the site, as required by theSenior Resident Engineer, and the Project Safety Representative.
Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
Provide all necessary on-site direction and issue site instructions concerning structure/tunnel and associated works.
Report back as necessary to the Senior Resident Engineer.
Check and measure the performed work and record and display progress vs programmed work.
Assist in handing over the process.
Salary: Highly Negotiable
1. Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering and a minimum of fifteen (15) years post graduate
experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of structures and
tunnels in major highway projects.
2. Demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road, highway and
general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
3. Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer (PE) registration or other similar profsessional
organisations accepted by the Authority.
4. Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
5. Should be able to coordinate with the material department in the review and justify thematerial submissions analyse laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’sSpecifications.
6. Must have a sound knowledge of contractual relationships.
7. Must be fully computer literate and able to utilise computer technology to access data,maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering andconstruction relevant software.
8. Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.