Full Job Description
Accreditation Canada is searching for a driven, passionate, and bilingual professional to support its health education program (EQual) in its bold ambition to broaden its impact across Canada and the world. The EQual program partners with a growing list of health professions to support the delivery of high-quality entry-to practice education.
- Building authentic and enduring relationships within the team and enterprise and with clients (educational programs and institutions), volunteers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Acting as a key resource for our clients throughout their accreditation journey. You offer sound guidance and are proactive in providing coaching as required. You are passionate about the quality of your work and are committed to providing your clients with exceptional service.
- Managing accreditation assessment activities to ensure they are adapted to client context and delivered in accordance with defined timelines and budgetary parameters. You balance competing priorities with ease and leverage your leadership skills when working with survey teams.
- Communicating impactfully. You skillfully adapt your communication style and strategy to the audience and context. You write clear and concise accreditation reports in both French and English that accurately reflect the survey team’s assessment. You demonstrate professionalism, tact, and superior judgement.
- Delivering education sessions. You are comfortable leading presentations and enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience with others.
- Collaborating effectively with the members of the EQual team and across the enterprise. You contribute to business unit initiatives and lean on our team’s considerable talent to strengthen you in your role.
- Innovating and contributing to the continuous improvement of the EQual program. You like staying on top of emerging trends, are not afraid to bring forward new ideas, are open-minded and have a keen interest in identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Contributing positively to the culture of our team and enterprise. You support and foster a healthy workplace and are committed to continuous learning.
- Demonstrating flexibility and agility in the context of evolving and changing circumstances. You function well in in-person and virtual work environments and can re-prioritize your work to support the EQual team wherever it is needed most.
- University degree and/or health professional credential, or equivalent experience, in a related field, such as education, healthcare or health services administration.
- 4+ years of progressive and varied experience within the field of healthcare or education.
- Excellent English communication skills. The ability to write clearly and concisely is essential.
- Tried and tested analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of quality improvement principles.
- Have a Master’s in Education or similar study.
- Are knowledgeable about and have accreditation experience.
- Are bilingual and have excellent French communication skills (speaking, writing and understanding).
- Have project management qualification(s) and/or experience.
- Have quality assurance and improvement qualification(s).
- Have experience in client services.
We are equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage qualified applications from all genders, including visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.