Full Job Description
Assembly & Testing Technician
Do you enjoy creating engineering products?
Would you like to be part of a team that puts quality first?
Join our Oilfield Equipment Team
Bringing the most cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to create oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and flexible pipe capabilities are industry-leading and commercially innovative.
Partner with the best
Perform assembly & test of Surface & Subsea Wellhead Equipment and other material handling and workshop activities in line with engineering drawings, procedures and manufacturing orders without compromising on Quality, Environment, Health & Safety.
As an Assembler, you will be responsible for:
- Performing Receiving, cleaning, polishing, inspection, disassembly, segregation, repair, assembly, pressure testing, FIT test, SIT test and housekeeping.
- Reading and interpreting drawings, assembly prints and parts lists to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Setting up, operate and maintain machinery, lifting and other associated workshop equipment.
- Being able to complete assembly map, testing plan, records traceability and complete the W/O whilst following the BOM and QA plan.
- Performing wellhead assembly, maintenance, and overhaul on equipment to ensure safety and reliability.
- Inspecting and maintaining all tools required for the job. Part of the team to improve cycle time and reduce COPQ.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Technical school certificate or similar diploma.
- Have Mechanical/Engineering background and experience in Assembly & Pressure testing in oil and gas industry.
- Have 5+ years experience in the oil field environment and good knowledge of Oil Field Equipment tools and services
- Have the ability to work with people of various social, cultural and religious backgrounds
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Have API Q1, API 6A, & API16A knowledge
- Have experience in assembly and test of Surface and Subsea equipment with minimum supervison as per procedure.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
This role is a shift based working pattern. Please talk to us about the specific working patterns available when you apply
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.