Full Job Description
EXP’s Kingston office is currently seeking a Junior Civil Engineer to join our fast-paced and rapidly expanding infrastructure and land development group in Ottawa. The Junior Engineer will work under the supervision of the Senior Engineers and Project Managers for design of land development projects in the public and private sectors. The Junior Engineer will also be required to undertake site visits to review construction work and prepare construction review reports.
- Provide detailed engineering design solutions and drafting support to project teams for land development projects
- Prepare site servicing and storm water management reports
- Liaise with municipal approving authorities as needed
- Pursue necessary approvals and permits for projects, including those from municipalities and provincial agencies
- Undertake site visits to review construction work and prepare construction review reports
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited university
- 0-2years experience in the Municipal Infrastructure and land development design and construction
- Knowledgeable in the design of roads, storm and sanitary sewer systems, water distribution systems, stormwater management, grading, and earthworks is preferred but not essential
- Experience in the use of computer aided design/drafting software including AutoCAD Civil3D
- Possess MS Office skills
- Strong people skills, and ability to work with wide variety of staff
- Demonstrated ability to perform individually or as a member of project teams
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, well organized and able to work under pressure
- Construction field experience is preferred
- For the protection of our staff and to meet the needs of our clients, our group has introduced a mandatory vaccine policy. Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, thousands of creative professionals across EXP work together to deliver extraordinary experiences year after year.
What makes us different
The passion, enthusiasm, diversity and industry-leading capabilities of our employees make us who we are. We’re committed to providing a challenging work environment that cultivates career growth, encourages creativity and rewards excellence.