Full Job Description
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- To be responsible for the proper maintenance of the physical plant, engineering facilities, all electrical and mechanical equipment, kitchen equipment, controls, fire safety systems, the interior and exterior of the entire hotel and other items pertaining to the operation of the hotel.
- To manage the engineering staff by promoting teamwork, efficiency, quality, productivity and cost sensitiveness.
- To motivate subordinates by providing close assistance of know-how, promote professionalism and show examples.
- To develop departmental training programmes according to needs and Safe, Sound and Sustainable requirements and ensure training carried out is recorded in the training matrix.
- To establish and supervise the preventative maintenance programmes.
- To make written recommendations to the DOE and ADOE about replacement of inefficient or obsolete equipment.
- To ensure that the cost of work carried out by the engineering department is contained within the appropriate budget.
- To ensure that engineering employees abides by all rules, regulations and policies.
- To ensure that all certificates, license and other documents are obtained on a yearly basis as required by government of local authorities. Record to be kept in a separate binder for review by all authorities.
- To update the preventive maintenance plan on monthly basis.
- A minimum of 3 years industry experience in a similar role in a luxury hotel or cruise ship is a must.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Windows, Outlook, Access, BMS, GRMS, CMMS/HotSOS etc. (latest version)
- Ability to manage professional relationship with personnel from multinational origin
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and commitment to professional values
- Should possess an excellent command of English (written and oral) – Fluency in other languages will be a definite advantage
- Prior experience in a hotel operation is a must.