When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and join a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Territory: Germany – Düsseldorf Area
Division: Material & Structural Analysis Division,Electron Microscopy Service
As a Field Service Engine er for the Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific you will be responsible for performing the on-site installation, servicing and repair of complex equipment. You will investigate and approve quality of equipment, instruct customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Furthermore, you will serve as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects and conduct on-site installations of the full range of Thermo Fisher Scientific electron microscopy systems and their associated options.
Your tasks will be:
– Perform remote and on-site troubleshooting, repair and installation of our SEM / SDB Electron Microscope portfolio
– Provide on-site training relative to maintenance and basic operation
– Keep track and maintain local spare part’s inventory
– Dispatch third-party service providers for on-site work and follow up to ensure problems were resolved to the customer’s happiness
– Actively monitor the status of customer contracts. Track and schedule on-site PM visit(s).
– Ensure that all documentation related to service support activity is completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis.
Keys to success:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical or scientific field (engineering or physics) is required.
Graduates must have knowledge of Electron Microscope. A full SEM / SDB Electron Microscope education is equivalent to the BS degree.
– 3+ years of service experience in a related scientific, technical and / or customer-facing role desired.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
– Must demonstrate excellent judgment in customer relations and in managing company resources
– Strong proficiency in instrument systems technology to include electrical, mechanics, chemistry, and software technology
– Experience with electronics, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
– Fluent in English and preferably German
– Ability to travel internationally up to 70% depending on place of residence
We are offering an employment with an innovative, forward-looking organization with outstanding career and development prospects and an exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity and innovation. The role comes with a competitive salary plan, company pension scheme, company car and further employee benefits.