Full Job Description
Are you looking for a rewarding career with a dynamic and growing Canadian manufacturer?
Do you take pride in leading teams, developing and executing plans and driving efficiencies?
Kruger Products – Trenton is seeking an Industrial Engineer on a Temporary Contract to manage the safe and efficient operation of Converting Asset Lines. Assets for each line may include: tissue re-winder, wrappers, case packers, and core machines.
As an Industrial Engineer reporting to the Production Manager you will:
- Be responsible for the production of the required grades of finished product in accordance with quality specifications, at or better than budgeted volume levels and within budgeted per-case equivalent costs.
- Coordinate with maintenance to ensure the production equipment is maintained in good condition and preventive maintenance is supported to minimize reliability breakdowns.
- Lead and/or participate in root cause failure analysis efforts including the development and follow through of action plans to improve efficiencies.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency on assigned assets, reduce costs and reduce downtime for such things as grade changes, cleanings, etc.
- Be responsible for monitoring the paper quality and ensuring that all quality specifications are being met.
- Identify, coordinate and/or lead training opportunities for employees assigned to assets. This may include mentoring operational and troubleshooting skills, vendor training, OJT, participation in and/or manage the development of SOPs and standardizing best practices for operating the equipment.
- Manage and coordinate changeover activities for the lines to which they are assigned ownership.
- Conduct new product trials in an efficient and timely manner in conjunction with the quality and technical teams
- Track and manage production rates, machine efficiencies and waste, material usage, and maintenance performance on assigned lines using daily, weekly and monthly reports.
Fulfill an active supervision role.
Be a leader in order to optimize equipment efficiency and employee morale.