Full Job Description
Note: Previous applicants need not re-apply for this position. Your previously received application will still be considered.
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Duties: The Manager, Health and Wellness Clinics, is responsible for the overall direction and operation of all onsite teaching clinics where students provide health and wellness services under supervision in programs such as the Oral Health, Massage, and Occupational Therapist Assistant/Physiotherapist Assistant clinics. This position supports programs in Fanshawe College’s Faculty of Health, Community Studies and Public Safety programs. This unique repertoire of clinics provides both a student learning/teaching environment and quality health and wellness services to the community that Fanshawe serves. The Manager, Health and Wellness Clinics, ensures clinical practices are in alignment with academic programs, policies and procedures and health regulations. As well, the Manager oversees client and service care standards while ensuring optimal delivery of day-to-day operations of the learning environment. The Manager oversees client/customer relations and feedback, investigates any client concerns or issues and determines if changes to operational procedures are warranted. The incumbent is responsible for the development of existing and future clinics’ strategic operations.
- Post-secondary 4-year degree in a Health Discipline, Health Administration or related degree
- Master’s degree in a related area preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in field of expertise plus supervisory, administrative and financial experience
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Current CPR, First Aid Certification, and immunization record required
- Regulated Health Professional in good standing in the Province of Ontario required
- Registered Dentist, Nurse, Dental Hygienist, Denturist, Dental Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technologist preferred
- Previous experience managing/operating a clinic and client relations is an asset
- Demonstrated financial and business management experience
- Understanding of customer service sector, how to attract and retain clients and marketing/promotion techniques to make clinic operations successful
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety, Privacy, Records Management, Professional Regulations/Standards, WHMIS regulations, and Infection Control Practices
- Demonstrate a high tolerance for interruptions and ability to work efficiently and effectively in an environment with many distractions
- Previous experience developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Facilitation and leadership skills to support team building and managing change and best practices
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.