Full Job Description
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re in control of. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
Future Talent roles at Haleon offer the chance to change the way people see and manage their everyday health. That’s an incredible opportunity. An exciting challenge. And a huge responsibility. We’re always looking for ambitious individuals who are inspired by our purpose to deliver better everyday health, with humanity. And want to help us achieve this goal.
Right now we’re looking for industrial placement students in Analytical Science to join us to do career defining work.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
The Haleon R&D Team supports the development of leading global brands. As an Analytical Scientist you are responsible for executing the technical strategies in analytical chemistry employing state of the art instrumentation. This practical based role will support global brands covering a range of products, dosage forms and markets using techniques such as HPLC and GC.
- An engaged scientist who executes technical aspects of analytical development
- Assist in the development of approaches to solve moderate problems
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative and independently perform design of experiments and carries out scientific work with an awareness of common analytical techniques such as liquid and gas chromatography
- Collaborates and communicates clearly with different levels and departments within the organization
- Ensures work is conducted following good scientific practice, Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Laboratory Practice (where required)
- Gets involved in safety and quality responsibilities for the group and/or wider department
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
You will have completed a minimum of 2 years in a Chemistry, Pharmacuetical Science or related science undergraduate degree. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate for the duration of the placement.
What will your individual contribution at Haleon be?
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, multitask and work effectively in a team
- Ability to apply scientific learnings, principles and techniques to assigned projects
- Clear communicator both oral and written
- Ability to collate, organize and report scientific data from internal and external sources
- Basic knowledge of analytical techniques such as UV, HPLC,GC and MS.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Practical experience of instrumental analytical techniques
- Basic understanding of experimental design and statistics with regards to its application to experimental work
- Strong scientific curiosity
To recognise your dedication, energy and effort, benefits include:
- A salary of £22,500
- An annual bonus linked to performance
- Employee recognition through our global scheme which rewards exceptional achievements
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programmes
- Health and wellbeing programmes to take care of your physical and mental health