Full Job Description
Civil Engineer (Roads & Infrastructure)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Report to the Resident Engineer and assist in supervising the construction of infrastructure works
- Act in place of the Resident Engineer when on leave or absent.
- Coordinate his direct activities with the other engineers and members of the construction supervision team.
- Coordinate with Parsons’ design engineers for resolution of related issues.
- Maintain the daily diary and the daily reports by the inspectors.
- Coordinate with the contractor engineers on scheduling and application of resources.
- Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the inspectors and surveyors as applicable.
- Convene and chair special meetings with the service authorities, the contractor, subcontractors and other parties related to his work.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
- Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
- Prepare / Assist in the preparation of Weekly and Monthly progress reports.
- Act positively, and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Resident Engineer and the project safety representatives.
- Provide all necessary on-site direction and assist the Resident Engineer to issue site instructions with respect to utilities works and associated items.
- Check and measure the performed work in his line of work, record and assist the Resident Engineer to display progress vs. programmed work.
- Ensure correctness and completeness of ‘as-built’ drawings within his line of work.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering
- Minimum 8 years postgraduate experience in site supervision and construction management of major infrastructure works including roads and utilities
- Experience with private development projects is preferred
- Demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road, infrastructure projects in the UAE
- Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
- Should be able to review and justify the material submissions analyze laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s Specifications.
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.