Full Job Description
- Perth CBD Location
- $213,007 Per Annum Plus 15.4% Super
- Good Life Balance – 5 weeks Leave – Option of 9 day fortnight
Addressing the challenges and opportunities of the energy transition is one of the biggest issues currently facing Australia. We are seeking professionals with the skills, ability, and passion to make a difference.
NOPSEMA (the National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority) is the regulator for Australia’s offshore energy industry overseeing the safe and environmentally responsible management of offshore petroleum and renewable energy activities in Commonwealth waters. We are currently seeking Decommissioning Specialists to join our team who are passionate about ensuring the safety and protection of the offshore environment.
About the role
- Assessing permissioning documentation for decommissioning activities.
- Inspecting decommissioning activities.
- Investigating accidents, incidents and complaints.
- Undertaking enforcement action.
- Conducting research and analysis into decommissioning regulatory improvement strategies.
If you have proven experience in any of the following areas we would like to hear from you:
- Regulatory capacity in managing environmental, well integrity and/or safety risk of decommissioning projects in the offshore energy industry.
- Research/government/consultancy/industry experience in delivering environmental and/or safety outcomes for large scale, high risk activities.
- Offshore oil and gas facility decommissioning including project management, structural, well integrity or marine engineering.
- Environmental impact assessment of decommissioning activities or management, mitigation or monitoring of decommissioning activities.
Why work for NOPSEMA?
As a highly skilled, agile and expertise-based regulator, our people are our number one asset. These positions are being offered as Ongoing (permanent) or Non-Ongoing (fixed term) positions in our Perth CBD office. NOPSEMA offers a competitive remuneration package, 15.4% superannuation, a great work-life balance with the option of a nine-day fortnight and five weeks of annual leave (plus additional purchase leave options).
Guided by our values of professionalism, ethics, independence and leadership, the decisions we make and the actions we take affect the environment, individuals, businesses and communities. Our people can and do make a difference.
Be a part of Australia’s sustainable energy future and apply today.
NOPSEMA is committed to a fair, flexible, safe and rewarding workplace which allows for diversity amongst all its employees. Applicants who are First Nation peoples, come from a diverse cultural or linguistic background or have a disability are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date. Applications received beyond the closing date will not be considered.
This recruitment process will be used in order to fill Ongoing (permanent) and Non-Ongoing (fixed term) contracts for periods of up to 18 months. The recruitment process will be valid for a period of 18 months and may be used to fill Ongoing and Non-Ongoing positions at this level or similar that arise over the 18 month period.