Full Job Description
- Enjoy hybrid working from home, plus various health and wellbeing initiatives
- Collaborative culture with a genuine commitment to sustainability
- Learn and Grow opportunities
For over 100 years, we’ve shaped and reshaped what we do to support you. We pioneer products for mothers, sportswomen, and breast cancer survivors. We fit and photograph on a range of body types, test active bras on active women, and design for a variety of skin tones. We’re committed to protecting our planet and collaborating with emerging female artists. We are women supporting women.
We are currently looking for an amazing Design Assistant to join the Berlei Design team in Pyrmont on a part time basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a design-led organisation and cultivate the Berlei Vision. You are a strong creative who is passionate about creating and designing products, and seeking to build an exciting career
Your new role as a Design Assistant at Berlei…
Supporting the Designers/ Product Developers in the creation and execution of future concepts and product:
- Capture and maintain product-related data/ technical specifications for design and development teams – Visual boards; digital project trackers; PLM system
- Manage critical path of product, samples and associated projects with Design leads
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with cross functional teams to prepare quality presentations and sales tools for range showings
- Assist with briefing to international partners – and track amendments
- Stay up-to-date with market trends/ movements and technical innovation where relevant
- Maintain up-to-date seasonal product reference reports for business-wide use
- Contribute to and assist with building Seasonal presentations/ story boards and other packs – using forecast & trend reports; web & market analysis; fashion/ market publications; and initiative!
- Develop relationships our international sourcing & supply partners
What experience you can bring to us?
- A degree in fashion design
- An innovative and creative approach to design & development
- Intermediate to High level experience in Excel and Adobe Creative Suite essential
- Curiosity and team player capability
- Packaging development/ componentry awareness
- Previous exposure to PLM system (preferred)
- Proven track record in similar design/ product related role
- Passion for building, developing and optimising process and practice with sustainability and community in mind
What can we offer you?
- Genuine commitment to global sustainability https://hbisustains.com/
- Established and committed LEAN organization offering on-going training to all employees
- Huge staff discounts across all the amazing brands in the Hanes portfolio … we’re talking huge savings on Bonds, Champion, Sheridan, Bras N Things, Berlei, Jockey – and more!
- Sample sales and extended family and friend’s discounts
- Wellness Programs – regular free skin checks, flu shots, remedial massages, Employee Assistance Program, fresh fruit delivered on-site
- Access to awesome perks, including corporate discounts, novated car leasing, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave Program
- Positive outcomes from and exposure to our collective RAP journey
- Monthly business updates from our CEO and Senior Leadership Team, with regular presentations from our community partners
- “Summer Fun” – compressed 9 day fortnights
- Company-wide “Golden Yarn” Reward & Recognition Program
- COVID safe, flexible, and relaxed office environment with sit-stand desks
- “Lunch & Learn” sessions, with topics including financial management and health & wellness
- Parking allowance
CULTIVATING A DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORKPLACE
At Hanes Australasia we value an inclusive and diverse environment in line with our purpose of creating the fabric of a better life for our People and Planet. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key essential needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique experience, strengths, and characteristics. We encourage you to talk to us about how we can accommodate and provide support for employees with disability, illness, or injury, including: flexible working hours, allocating minor duties to another person, assistive technologies and additional training and support. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any non-related accessibility enquiries please direct these to email@example.com