Full Job Description
Engineering / Technical Lecturer
Teaching, research and related administration in Systems/Aero/Civil/Marine Engineering as appropriate.
The purpose of the College is to deliver vocational trade, specialist, undergraduate and post graduate engineering programmes in a well-equipped and high-quality learning and teaching
environment, resulting in the student’s acquisition and application of knowledge and the achievement of operational competence and effectiveness at all levels.
To teach, support students’ learning, undertake and support appropriate research and perform administrative tasks.
Contribute to the effective delivery, assessment, coherence and continuous improvement of learning modules, in accordance with the MTC Strategic Plan and Procedures including:
- Implementing MTC and International Academic Quality Assurance procedures
- Participate in Examination boards, Module boards and appropriate committees
- Engage in scholarly and personal development activities
- Ensure that the module(s) are continuously improved and in line with evolving QA, TNA and MTC requirements
1. To undertake teaching duties in Aero/Systems/Civil/Marine as appropriate and related subjects, at foundation year, undergraduate and postgraduate level.
2. To develop and deliver teaching materials assessment of courses for delivery as required.
3. Contribute to assessment and examinations including moderation of material, marking, moderation of marking and timely feedback is provided as required by College policy.
4. Ensure that accurate and up to date student records, such as assignment, examination, projects marks and reports are maintained and submitted promptly.
5. To contribute to the learning and pastoral support of students inside and outside the classroom, such as personal tutorials and personal development.
6. To contribute to a range of administrative tasks including curriculum development and quality assurance within the teaching and learning processes for which the Department is responsible.
7. To carry out such duties within the Department and College on instructions of the Head of Department if called upon to do so.
8. To contribute to research and/or knowledge transfer in areas related to the existing themes and activities within the College. This includes guided research supervision, contribution to publication in peer-reviewed international journals and conferences
and supporting income generation bids from a variety of funding sources.
This is a key role in the training and development of next generation engineers and technicians.
Permanently based in Oman
£50,000 – £60,000 (dependent on Experience)
Leave: 42 (45) days per annum
Open Ended Contracts
Salary paid in to bank of your choice
Tax – All payments are free of Tax
Free Emergency Healthcare
Company will sponsor Residence/VISA visitsas applicable for family members