Full Job Description
- Perth CBD Location – Free On Site Gym
- $106,010 per annum plus 15.4% Super
- Good Work Life Balance – 5 weeks Leave – Option of 9 day fortnight
Addressing the challenges and opportunities of the energy transition is one of the biggest issues currently facing Australia. We are seeking professionals with the skills, ability, and passion to make a difference.
NOPSEMA (the National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority) is the regulator for Australia’s offshore energy industry overseeing the safe and environmentally responsible management of offshore petroleum and renewable energy activities in Commonwealth waters. We are currently seeking an Environment Officer to join our team who are passionate about ensuring the safety and protection of the offshore environment.
About the role
We are looking for an Environment Officer with experience in environmental impact assessment and the ability to support the regulatory process as part of a collaborative team by:
- Assisting Regulatory Specialists in the assessment of environmental impact offshore.
- Providing support in the maintenance of inspection and assessment processes, strategies and registers and supporting assessment and inspection teams.
- Preparing materials for industry and other stakeholders i.e., reports, guidance advice.
- Analysing environmental reporting, Regulatory Management System (RMS) information and recommending regulatory response.
- Assisting the maintenance of NOPSEMA regulatory procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Undertaking regulatory improvements projects as required.
If you have proven experience and skills in the following areas we would like to hear from you:
- Experience in assessing and/or managing environmental impacts and risks in the marine environment.
- Ability to undertake investigation and systematic analysis of environment risks and impact management approaches.
- Project management skills and ability to provide team support in timely and efficient manner.
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science, engineering or equivalent and experience in relevant industry particularly offshore or onshore energy.
Why work for NOPSEMA?
As a highly skilled, agile and expertise-based regulator, our people are our number one asset. This role is being offered as an Ongoing (permanent) or non-Ongoing (fixed term) contract in our Perth CBD office. NOPSEMA offers a competitive remuneration package, 15.4% superannuation, a great work-life balance with the option of a nine-day fortnight and five weeks of annual leave (plus additional purchase leave options).
Guided by our values of professionalism, ethics, independence and leadership, the decisions we make and the actions we take affect the environment, individuals, businesses, and communities. Our people can and do make a difference.
NOPSEMA will consider secondment opportunities for staff from other Government Agencies.
Be a part of Australia’s sustainable energy future and apply today.
How to apply:
For more information and to apply for this exciting opportunity visit:
NOPSEMA is committed to a fair, flexible, safe and rewarding workplace which allows for diversity amongst all its employees. Applicants who are First Nation peoples, come from a diverse cultural or linguistic background or have a disability are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date. Applications received beyond the closing date will not be considered.
Please note this recruitment process will be used to fill a position on an Ongoing (permanent) or non-Ongoing (fixed term) basis for a period of up to 18 Months. This merit recruitment process will be valid for a period of 18 months and may be used to fill Ongoing and Non-Ongoing positions at this level or similar that may arise during this period.