Full Job Description
Finance Officer – Accounts Payable – F220200
$65,670 per annum (plus entitlements)
In this exciting opportunity the Shire of Manjimup is seeking a highly efficient and effective individual to undertake the Shire’s accounts payable functions.
This role includes, but not limited to:
- Assist in maintaining Council’s books of accounts, having regard to the appropriate accounting standards and the Local Government accounting requirements.
- Responsible for the provision of Council’s purchasing function, creditors and debtors preparation.
- Provide back up support to the Coordinator Finance and Administration.
- Monitor Grant Funding from collating through to acquittal.
- Ensure all employees are following financial policies and procedures.
- Provide advice on accounts payable issues to management and employees across the shire as required.
- Process payments to all vendors and suppliers.
- Review and enforce accounts payable processes.
- Provide support to the Senior Administration Properties Officer.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in Local Government with exposure to debtors, creditors, payroll and grants.
- Experience in accounts payable procedures with computerised accounts payable systems.
- Knowledge of financial requirements, policies and procedures.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of accrual accounting principles and procedures, GST legislation and EFT processes.
- Efficient and accurate numeracy, keyboard and computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Financial management systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound time management and organisation skills.
- Sound working knowledge of Local Government Accounting Standards and Local Government (Financial Management) Regulations 1996 (desirable).
Applicants must have appropriate working rights in Australia, no sponsorship arrangements will be entered into.
Well what are you waiting for? Jump on to www.manjimup.wa.gov.au for all the information about the position and how to apply. You can also find information on the Shire of Manjimup and the benefits of the local community.
To get further information, including the position description, please contact Paula Orr, Human Resources Manager, by phone (08) 9771 7751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5.00pm Wednesday 18 January 2023
The Shire of Manjimup reserves the right to commence interviews prior to the closing date for applications.