Full Job Description
What is the purpose of this role?
You will be responsible for coordinating and reporting on digital marketing progress, tracking KPIs and project activities across Group Companies.
Working closely with the wider Marketing Team, you will build out and evolve our web and social presence, supporting sales objectives through targets campaign and digital advertising initiatives.
You will work with the wider Marketing Team to create effective marketing campaigns. Continually working to further develop and represent the SmartestEnergy brand globally, the Global Digital Marketing Manager will ensure our brand identity, messaging and voice are conveyed effective to differentiate and position us to stand-out in local markets. They will engage with Sales and other key internal stakeholder groups to build an understanding of local markets and objectives.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- In conjunction with the VP Global Marketing, create and maintain the Annual Marketing Plan and Budget covering global digital marketing activities;
- Responsible overseeing external campaigns focused on lead generation activity and brand awareness;
- Use creative problem-solving skills and knowledge of digital marketing best-practice to identify opportunities to reuse content, drive efficiencies and improve ROI across marketing teams and outputs;
- Develop and maintain digital marketing resources (templates, trainings, etc.) and intranet content for employees across the business and wider group;
- Evolve our campaign delivery methodology and enhance our use of technology to deliver campaigns that actively contribute to sales objectives, build our prospect lists and pass on valid leads, while continually keeping sales involved and informed;
- Responsible for delivery of global website discovery, design and development project with a focus on user experience and SEO and data privacy best practice;
- Responsible for delivery of global social media and digital advertising strategy;
- Lead on marketing automation tech stack testing and roll-out across group companies to improve effectiveness of campaigns and reporting capabilities;
- Raise website support tickets and support new development projects; support any new website admins with training and content uploads so they become self-sufficient with BAU additions/amends;
- Manage the schedule, spend and reporting of global digital ad campaigns or initiatives;
- Manage relationships with third parties and related contracts to ensure we operate within budget;
- With website agency and our Insights Team, evolve web analytics, social and campaign KPI reporting;
- Complete additional tasks requested by the VP Global Marketing, including knowledge sharing and support for wider ‘Group’ companies as requested.
What skills/experience do I need to be considered?*
- Experience in progressive digital marketing roles;
- Hands-on experience with SEO/SEM, website analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Fathom);
- Experience with project management/delivery (e.g. website refresh projects, digital campaign delivery);
- Managing social media channels and related content strategies;
Who are we?*
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2022 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, remotely or a mix of remote/office. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
What else do we offer?*
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 30 days per year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and non-contributory pension from month three;
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.