During the course of our two year global graduate development programme our Graduate Engineers will work with our Civil, Buildings, Infrastructure and Bridge Engineering teams developing skills across a wide variety of projects in the Water, Energy, Industrial, Property and Buildings sectors both in Qatar and overseas. Your contribution will make a positive lasting benefit to the environment and our communities.
Graduate Development at GHD The Graduate Development Program is an integrated approach to developing future leaders and technical specialists.
During the program, you will learn about our business and our values, your team, and most importantly, yourself. You will develop your decision-making, communication, technical and leadership skills. We offer mentoring and a variety of development activities, providing on the job experience and exposure to a diverse range of projects, as well as support towards gaining chartered status within your Engineering field.
Reporting to a Team Leader and collaborating across sectors, your anticipated responsibilities include:
- Delivering technical assignments, assisting with review of technical submittals and shop drawings, carrying out site surveillance and site inspections under supervision
- Monitoring the HSE performance of the Contractors
- Monitoring work progress of the Contractors
- Attending team meetings as required
- Assisting with Report preparation
- Application of your acquired skills and knowledge in a range of environments.
- Successful contribution to and delivery of projects in a team environment,
- Personal responsibility of work
To deliver against these responsibilities you will demonstrate:
- An honours degree in relevant subject area
- Understanding of the application of Engineering principles and design development
- Previous use of Computer Aided Design and Modelling
- Be a problem solver and collaborative teammate with good communication skills
What we offer We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
We are committed to the success of our people which is why we want to create the best employee experience that supports each member through all the stages of their career.
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package; medical insurance, life insurance 22 days holiday with the option to buy an additional 4 weeks.
- Enhanced parental leave
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Wellbeing resources and tools, and demonstration of our commitment to wellbeing by signing up to the Mental Health at Work Commitment
- Team led flexible working
- Opportunities to grow your skills and shape your career towards technical expertise, developing the market or leading a business or team
- International, multi-cultural team of highly motivated individuals
- An exciting referral program; bring people with you!
About us As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. We are a team of inquisitive, innovative, and creative problem solvers. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion lies at the heart of our team culture . We operate a flat intellectual hierarchy meaning every voice is heard and has genuine influence. We believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and experience, and we recognise the value this brings our collective team approach to solving challenging client problems.
Inclusion is hugely important to us and we want to ensure every team member can balance work around their unique personal circumstances. We will advocate for your professional development and provide access to formal education through the GHD Business School and practical application through technical delivery.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.