Our people are united in their passion for successful project delivery and providing innovative consultancy solutions.
If you are a graduate embarking on your career, or are seeking a new challenge, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly, global company committed to sustainability.
Transport Planning & Traffic Engineering Our Transport Teams provide high quality strategic, consultative, analytical and design advice.
We provide guidance to government clients, T developers, contractors, planners and other property professionals throughout the project life cycle; providing services from site feasibility through to completion.
The team has a wide-ranging capability: from site feasibility and master planning, through to planning and then detailed design. The multi-disciplinary nature of the business also means that we are able to build project teams from disciplines wider than transportation to offer clients a true ‘one stop shop’.
We seek enthusiastic and motivated individuals who have a keen interest in transport planning or traffic engineering.
About the Role Are you an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a keen interest in transport planning or design? Do you have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to clearly communicate your findings from complex data? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to talk to you!
Based in our Abu Dhabi office, you will work in the Transport Planning and Traffic Engineering team.
Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, the ability to analyse problems and uncover solutions and the vision, ambition and drive to quickly progress, achieve Chartered status and continuously develop their technical skills.
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate and attention to education and a competitive remuneration package. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
Graduate DevelopmentThe Graduate Development Program is an integrated approach to developing future leaders and technical specialists.
During the two-year program, you will learn about our business and our values, your team, and most importantly, yourself. You will develop your decision-making, communication, technical and leadership skills. We offer mentoring and a variety of development activities, providing on the job experience and exposure to a diverse range of projects, as well as support towards gaining chartered status within your Engineering field.
Reporting to a Team Leader and collaborating across sectors, your anticipated responsibilities include:
Within your role, your activities may include:
- Providing technical support to the team as required
- Assisting with elements of design, planning and compilation of reports under supervision.
- Designing and analysing surveys to obtain data for a wide range of travel activities
- Attend sites when required in order to carry out and/or assist with surveys and site audits
- Liaise with and assist team members working within the section
- Keep up to date with current developments within the area of operation as well as gaining a wider knowledge of Transport Planning.
These are in addition to working towards professional qualifications and undertaking training.
To deliver against these responsibilities you will demonstrate: We are looking for enthusiastic graduates, with a flexible approach and ability to learn within a global consultancy. You will learn about our business, our values, your team, and most importantly, yourself.
You will develop your decision making, communication, technical and critical leadership skills, and will gain invaluable on the job experience and build extensive professional networks.
- A degree in a subject such as Civil Engineering, Transport Planning, Town Planning, Geography, Economics or Urban Planning.
- Experience in project/commercial management beneficial but not necessary
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and GIS
- Understanding of core highway design principles
- Be a problem solver and collaborative teammate with good communication skills
- Be a positive and enthusiastic team player
- Have a keen attention to detail and excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Be an excellent communicator and relationship builder with the confidence to work on your own initiative
What we offer We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
We are committed to the success of our people which is why we want to create the best employee experience that supports each member through all the stages of their career.
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package; medical insurance, life insurance 22 days holiday with the option to buy an additional 4 weeks.
- Enhanced parental leave
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Wellbeing resources and tools, and demonstration of our commitment to wellbeing by signing up to the Mental Health at Work Commitment
- Team led flexible working
- Opportunities to grow your skills and shape your career towards technical expertise, developing the market or leading a business or team
- International, multi-cultural team of highly motivated individuals
- An exciting referral program; bring people with you!
Our commitment to you Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion lies at the heart of our team culture. We operate a flat intellectual hierarchy meaning every voice is heard and has genuine influence. We believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and experience, and we recognise the value this brings our collective team approach to solving challenging client problems.
Inclusion is hugely important to us and we want to ensure every team member can balance work around their unique personal circumstances. We will advocate for your professional development and provide access to formal education through the GHD Business School and practical application through technical delivery.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.