Full Job Description
Req ID: 398468
Location: United Kingdom
Appointment Basis: Permanent
Salary: c.£48K + Benefits
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Are you seeking to enhance your career and join us on our journey as our Health and Safety Advisor on a Permanent basis and make your mark with a globally renowned organisation in the rail sector? The EHS Advisor is a key and integral role supporting multiple projects within D&IS such as renewals and enhancement schemes which vary in size from updating and improving life expired signalling equipment to installing and commissioning new equipment. Roles will be based across the different sites dependent on the project requirements, we presently have roles in London, York and Cambridge and welcome applications across the UK. You will support the Project and EHS Manager – in maintaining Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) compliance across all projects.
What That Means Day To Day
You’ll be tasked to advise the team on all aspects of EHS and to offer support and assistance where required in order to successfully deliver the project/s and maintain and improve ESH standards. Other aspects of the role include:
- Supporting Head of EHS and project management teams in achieving EHS performance
- Set a personal example on all matters relating to EHS
- Deputise for the Head of EHS and assist the Head of EHS in meeting EHS objectives in line with the UK&I EHS Strategy
- Ensuring relevant EHS requirements of AZDP are effectively applied on the project
- Drive and deliver the D&IS Health and Safety Improvement Plan
- Carry out ‘assurance’ checks on EHS documentation applicable to the project/depot and for external auditing requirements such as ISO14001 Environmental Management Systems, ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System, Principal Contractor License (PCL) and Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme (RISQS) is in place ensuring it is up to date and maintained accordingly.
- Assist in internal / external EHS audits where required
- Assist the project to communicate widely and effectively within the company to ensure EHS issues and good practice are shared for lessons learnt following the REX process
- Report accidents, incidents, potential severe events, high potential close calls etc. and provide a monthly/period EHS related status / performance report to the RDD, Client and Head of EHS
- Champion Health and Wellbeing for the Region
- Be a single point of contact for SLT members on all EHS Agenda items for the region
- Assist with the development / maintenance of the D&IS Safety Management System (ISO45001)
- Embed a culture of professional development across the UK&I Business
- Collaborate with Regional counterpart to ensure consistent EHS approach across the D&IS business
Who We’re Looking For
At Alstom we are agile, inclusive and responsible in everything we do. These principles form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles. We are highly interested if you have:
- NEBOSH Diploma ( or working towards) / NEBOSH General/Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH Fire Risk Management Certificate (not mandatory)
- Trained Auditor
- Member of IOSH Experience of working with ISO14001, ISO45001 & OHSAS 18001 (45001) / HSG 65 standards.
- Driving Licence
- Good knowledge of Construction and CDM Regulations
- Knowledge and experience of working on operational railway infrastructure (Network Rail)
- Working knowledge of Railway specific standards
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- First Aid at Work
What we offer
We offer a highly competitive starting salary of c. £48K plus 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, healthcare, life assurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style.
The talent team are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role will close as soon as a suitable person has successfully passed the assessment process. To be considered please send in your application as early as possible
We value inquisitive, innovative and motivated people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable.
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. We aim to have a welcoming and inclusive environment for individuals, of different ages, genders, ethnicities, disability, LGBT, religion and/or belief.
As a ‘Disability Confident’ employer, we will interview all disabled job applicants who match the essential criteria of the job description or specification: if you require any reasonable adjustments, please let us know.