Full Job Description
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Location: Doha, Qatar
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Have a very good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings including promotions and be able to verbally explain those to the guests
- Take reservations by phone, by email, through internet booking applications and in person and update the reservations system accordingly as per the standards in place and reconfirm all reservations by phone or email
- Schedule all reservations and planned seating arrangements with management prior to service period
- Constantly update the reservation system with an accurate table count and ensure to update and reinstate all available tables as soon as possible
- Professionally provide alternative dining options if Aqua and Mosaic are fully booked or offer the guest a seat until a table is ready and keep them updated
- Welcome and escorts patrons with the overall objective to delight and satisfy each and every guest
- Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, spelled correctly, clean and presentable and the menu paper is complete and distributed appropriately
- Recommend and up-sell the initial beverage offering as per service sequence and forward effectively the order directly to the waiter in the respective station
- Perform any tasks related to billing according to hotel standards and cashiering policies if required
- To bid friendly farewell to guests and sincerely thank them for their visit
- High School qualification or equivalent is preferred
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred
- Experience as Hostess in a high volume restaurant with highest levels of service is preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working as Hostess
- Ability to understand guest needs and to deliver superior customer service