Full Job Description
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for an Industrial Engineer on our Satellite systems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
The industrial engineer must cooperate with a multidisciplinary team in the continuous improvement of the company’s processes. He ensures the consistency of processes between the various work teams. He designs and implements tools used to assess the productivity of various activities of corporate sectors. These activities have an impact on the quality and efficiency of assembly and test operations for our space products. From the design phase until the clients receive the products, he designs or reviews the processes used for advanced satellites by ensuring the good quality of the final product by adhering to time frames and costs.
For various continuous improvement projects, the engineer communicates efficiently with other program management, design, procurement, test, quality assurance and assembly teams. The engineer must:
- Manage and optimize processes
- Coordinate the continuous improvement activities
- Ensure communication between the various players
- Be a positive initiator of change and suggest new concepts
- Improve quality and security in production and test areas
- Lead or take part in the development and solving or corrective actions
- Understand and analyze all internal library processes
- Follow the development of continuous improvement activities
- Take part in the development of various documents/processes
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in a team and to coordinate a team
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, LEAN principles and other methods related to improvement
- Able to quickly address various challenges
- Dynamic, proactive, detail-oriented, attentive to others
- Strategic vision
- Great adaptability
- Very good organizational and planning skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Knowledge of MS Office and Visio.
- Knowledge of FlexSim
- Experience in project management
- Experience in the aerospace sector
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
Equal opportunity statement:
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.