ROLE PURPOSE:To assist in preparing Financial Planning (budgeting & forecasting), Capital Budgeting, Feasibility Studies for new projects, manage the bi-weekly cash flow forecast cycle, and liaise with Group Treasury Centre to ensure enough liquidity to meet financial obligations. This role will be based in Dubai, covering all operating markets (MENA & SEA) for Al Futtaim Retail Division.
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1) Strategic Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Prepare strategic plan, annual budget (zero based) and quarterly forecasts in co-ordination with relevant internal and external stakeholders along with action plan to deliver the Plan, Budget and Forecasts
- Upload Plan, Budget and Forecast into relevant systems
- Prepare / manage presentations with Retail and Group Leadership
2) Cash Flow Forecasting & Liquidity Management
- Leading the bi-weekly cash flow forecasting cycle
- Coordinating between Group Treasury Centre and Brands Finance on the process
- Consolidating all the cash flows in the system, analysing the results, presenting, and raising red flags to management
- Reconciling numbers on Retail Trial Balance and Treasury Management system
- Forecasting funding requirement and cost of debt based on the Brands’ cash requirement
- Ensuring all entries are posted before month-end closure
3) Capital Budgeting and Business Development
- Prepare feasibility studies for new projects / brands
- Assess new opportunities using several valuation methodologies
4) MIS and Other financial Reporting
- Regular operational and financial performance reports to relevant stakeholders
- Comprehensive analysis of the variances with budget and prior year performances and suggest action plan for improvement
Qualifications, experience & skills:
- CA Intermediate with 5 years’ experience or Finance graduate with 8 years’ experience
- Expert working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint and good working knowledge of other MS office packages
- Knowledge of accounting software packages, preferably ERP such as SAP, BPC, and Anaplan
- Adequate working knowledge of budgeting, financial, management reporting, building financial models, and taxation in Middle East and Southeast Asia preferably in retail sector
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, planning and organizing skills and good business acumen.
- Be involved in every step of the product design cycle from discovery to developer handoff and user acceptance testing.
- Work with BAs, product managers and tech teams to lead the Product Design
- Maintain quality of the design process and ensure that when designs are translated into code they accurately reflect the design specifications.
- Accurately estimate design tickets during planning sessions.
- Contribute to sketching sessions involving non-designersCreate, iterate and maintain UI deliverables including sketch files, style guides, high fidelity prototypes, micro interaction specifications and pattern libraries.
- Ensure design choices are data led by identifying assumptions to test each sprint, and work with the analysts in your team to plan moderated usability test sessions.
- Design pixel perfect responsive UI’s and understand that adopting common interface patterns is better for UX than reinventing the wheel
- Present your work to the wider business at Show & Tell sessions.
Skill & Experience
- You have at least 3 years’ experience working as a Product Designer.
- You have experience using Sketch and InVision or Framer X
- You have some previous experience working in an agile environment – Think two-week sprints.
- You are familiar using Jira and Confluence in your workflow