Full Job Description
About us and the role
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to join our Marketing and Propositions team at Holloway Friendly, where we provide insurance which pays out money to people when they are too sick to work.
We sell our products through Financial Advisers, so a lot of our marketing is to businesses. Once someone’s bought our insurance, we also have the important job of providing them with the right information at the right time, so some of the marketing is to our customers too.
In this role, you’ll be working in a small, highly collaborative team on delivering our marketing strategy.
We’ve outlined the kind of things that you’ll be working on below. Don’t worry, we’re not expecting you to be an expert on all these things; there will be plenty of help and support to get you up and running and confident in your new job.
Some examples of the kind of things you could be doing
· Creating content for campaigns including email, our website, social media, seminars/presentations and more – mainly online, but occasional offline
· Marketing to advisers and customers
· PR and building relationships with the industry press
· Supporting the wider business – for example supporting our Sales team, or working with our Service and Claims to help them with communications
· Managing the sign-off process with stakeholders and compliance
· Manage relationships with agencies including our mailing house and print suppliers
· Awards submissions
· Event management and delivery
· Internal communications
· Proof reading your colleague’s work
· Supporting the team where needed with things like tracking where we are against budget or plans and tasks
· Helping with anything else that needs doing – we’re a small team so have to be flexible and get what needs doing, done
What we’re looking for
Other than being a great marketer, we’re looking for someone with a can-do attitude, plenty of common-sense and a genuine desire to make a positive difference.
You’ll need to be able to write interesting copy, using everyday language. We’re not big fans of jargon or financial services gobbledygook.
And we’d like someone who can help with fresh ideas to keep our marketing interesting.
It’s important you’re well organized, with a good attention to detail. And that you’re happy to help from time to time with keeping things ticking over – for example that could be tracking what we spend against our budget, or keeping track of tasks.
It would be helpful, but not necessarily essential, if you had experience in B2B marketing and helpful if you’ve worked in a regulated environment before.
We would also consider developing someone into the role who’s been in an adjacent position to marketing (like Product or Proposition development) who can demonstrate an understanding of and aptitude towards marketing. Or someone with limited marketing experience but who can show high potential, and who’s a quick learner.
We want you to have a good work-life balance
As well as being part of a friendly team at a great place to work, it’s important to us that you have a good work- life balance. We’re based in Gloucestershire and we’re happy to offer you a mix of home and office working.
The role is genuinely diverse and every day is different, and we do nearly everything in-house, including design, so we think it’s interesting.
So, to summarise
The skills we are looking for are;
· Excellent copywriting skills in conversational, everyday language
· Able to manage workload under tight deadlines
· Well organized with attention to detail
· Great collaboration skills
· Experience in using Microsoft office (Word, Excel and ideally PowerPoint)
· A good understanding of marketing principles, different channels and customer journeys
· Strong influencing skills, and an ability to get buy in from stakeholders
· Highly professional and proactive work ethic
· Ability to stay on top of a variety of tasks in a dynamic environment
· Flexible mind-set and open to change and finding ways to do things differently
The experience we would ideally like you to have is;
· Writing copy, press releases and award submissions
· Both online and offline experience would be really helpful
· Event management (for example organising exhibition stands and merchandise to be sent to an event, being the contact for delegate lists)
· Some basic digital knowledge (e.g. ability to send emails via Pardot or similar email tool, schedule social media etc. when required)
If you like the sound of the role we’re offering, and think you’d be a good fit, please do get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£48,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Gloucester: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
- Digital marketing: 1 year (preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 11/02/2023
Reference ID: Marketing