Full Job Description
Our Mechanical engineers research, design, develop, test, certify, deploy and improve cutting edge products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems.
You’ll conceptualize and deliver complex mechanical structures and systems and your technical duties include the design and development of new products and processes throughout the product lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and typically 6 or more years of relevant experience
- Relevant work experience may substitute for required education
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Experience with Computer Aided Engineering tools
- Familiarity working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Understanding of applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5
- Experience in Engineering Simulation such as Finite Element structural Analysis (FEA), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), and Thermal Analysis
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry
- Knowledge of industry-standard mechanical design principles, to include, but not limited to parametric design, model-based definition, material hardware selection, manufacturing, and production processes
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be requiredLearn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Frequently walk, sit, stand, climb stairs and steps
- Frequently repeat same hand, arm, and finger motion many times to include finger and hand dexterity
- Rarely lifting or carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Rarely exposed to outdoor elements (high/low temperatures, sun, rain/snow, etc.)
- Rarely exposed to fumes or hazardous chemicals/materials
- Rarely exposed to loud noises
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $91,154.71 – $125,337.72