Job Summary and Purpose
Responsible for Scheduling, Progress monitoring and preparing progress report in line with contractual requirements and various internal Project Control Reports to support project operations, ensuring planning procedures are met.
1. Responsible to create Work Break Down structure as per Project requirement and maintain progress data on assigned Project and to prepare progress reports.
2. Develop and submit Project resource Plan as required.
3. Produce engineering/procurement deliverable, construction schedule and trackers prepared in line with the project, to monitor project progress.
4. Develop micro plans and work schedules for key major activities.
5. Responsible for Resource planning and control, Progress monitoring and reporting.
6. Independently to handle the Project Schedules and Monitoring Documents liaising with Project Manager.
7. Produce various short, medium and/or long term project plans, schedules, resources and project deadlines considering projects that may be scheduled concurrently.
8. Use benchmark assumptions and historical data to assist planning and arranging manpower capacities and allocations.
9. Assists the Project Manager with planning progress outputs and for project status presentations.
10. Establish the requirements for each project with regard to scope of work, job-specific procedures and planning and scheduling requirements in conjunction with the project manager. Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports of mechanical, piping, steelworks and electrical works and track man hours.
11. Complies with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
12. Performs other related duties or assignments as directed on order to contribute to the continuous operations of the department.
Accountabilities – 2
Accountabilities – 3
Accountabilities – 4
Key Result Areas
1. Error free & Timely PMS (Project Monitoring System) Deliverables
2. Error free & timely Section’s Daily, Weekly, Monthly& Yearly deliverables.
3. Adherence to NKOM Health, Safety, Environmental Policies, Procedures, Instructions.
Interactions and Working Relations
- Production Managers / Commercial / Other functional heads / Trade foreman and supervisors.
- Provide inputs to various stake holders on resource loading and availability.
As per TOFA
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
- Primavera P6.
- Degree / Diploma or higher in any discipline (preferably engineering/science)
- Resource planning experience in Ship repair, Conversion, offshore & NB/ Offshore/ Oil & Gas Industry.
- 4 years relevant working experience
Job Specific Competencies:
i. Behavioral Competency
1. Drive Vision
2. Interactive Communication
3. Customer Centricity
4. Solution Oriented
5. Empower & Nurture Talents
6. Collaboration & Teamwork
7. Achievement Oriented
ii. Technical Competency
1. Good knowledge of Primavera (P6), Microsoft Project and Other MS office application
2. Fair knowledge of ship repair and offshore building structures in the capability of project management
3. Planning and Organizational Skills
4. Analytical skills.
6. Communication skills.
7. Attention to details.
Planning Engineer (Offshore & IE)
Job Segment: Offshore Oil, Construction, QA, Quality Assurance, Electrical, Energy, Engineering, Technology, Quality