Full Job Description
ARAUCO is a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced forest product solutions for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, we manufacture and distribute the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where we are located. We are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of our team at ARAUCO!
The primary responsibilities of the Plant Engineer include:
- Perform the duties required involving application of intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments, capital projects and related fields.
- Make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of own field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Executes duties with a view to achieving mill efficiency, continuous improvement, employee safety and cost savings.
- Execution of capital projects from conception thru appropriations approval, engineering, construction, and commissioning.
- The position will provide coaching and continuous improvement training to O.E. teams to achieve positive results in cost reduction, production improvements, safety, environment, quality and customer satisfaction.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Apply scientific principles as directed, investigate appropriate methods/procedures and proposes integration into engineering projects
- General contributor in application of engineering and scientific principles to meet technical requirements
- Propose technical concepts, plan for implementation, review technical progress, review design tests, review performance data, and suggest solutions to technical problems
- Interact with other technical personnel sharing general advice, training and technical guidance
- Overall site management of Capital and Engineering coordination.
- Participates in Annual Plan development
- Ensure the appropriate internal and external resource is applied to equipment and process issues and initiatives
- Ensure there is a focus on the key metrics that drive business results
- Overall responsibility for management and optimization of internal energy consumption (hog/gas/elect)
- Overall responsibility for Cost Savings Initiatives
- Supports Maintenance and Operations in key reliability improvement initiatives
- Help lead development of KPI and train staff in the use of KPI’s to focus on continuous improvement
- Help teams identify opportunities for continuous improvements
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in engineering. Mechanical/Electrical Engineering preferred or
- Minimum 3 years of capitol/project management experience with project expenditures in excess of $500,000, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strategic cost management skills
- Strong process, analytical and data analysis skills; simplify complex situations, identify key issues, problem solve. Sound decision-making abilities
- Vision for future state of process equipment and continual improvement
- High level of troubleshooting ability
- Ability to Effectively communicate and share knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Must be an analytic and have strong computer software skills
- Ability to undertake multiple projects and manage key business metrics
- Data driven
- Understanding of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and SPC
Organization Culture/Job Fit:
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Actively participates in operations & maintenance initiatives. Is a leader in team approach to work and fostering the culture at Arauco
- Experience with the ability to adapt quickly in a varied work environment, be sensitive to diverse cultural differences, build relationships, and work successfully at all levels
- Effective problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Sound reasoning, judgment, objectivity, and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Provide technical and resource support to maintenance for chronic, ongoing reliability issues, and when heavy burden exists
Arauco is an equal opportunity employer to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance