Full Job Description
Newly created role for a Report Developer (3 days in the office, 2 from home), working a collaborative, global business.
What is the job about?
You will be responsible for analysis, development, documentation, and support of standardised and/or customised reports from the client databases.
This is an ERP software that offers an end-to-end solution encompassing front-, mid- and back-office functions that can be extensively customized to the customers’ needs through configuration.
As a Report Developer you’re an advisor to the customer when it comes to best practices and finding solutions.
This means you will:
- Analyse tables in the databases to establish knowledge of data for accurate retrieval and use in report writing.
- Analyse and understand configured solutions at customer sites to establish knowledge of data for accurate retrieval and use in report writing.
- Utilise available database tools such as SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL to provide extracts, functions and procedures as part of the reporting inventory in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle RDBMS.
- Utilise available reporting tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal, Business Objects, Jasper Reports to present user interfaces and execute reports as part of the reporting inventory and user interfaces.
- Liaise with developers to devise requirements for Java-based reporting tools to provide extracts, functions and procedures as part of the reporting inventory.
- Perform analysis of report performance and optimization.
- Provide estimates of development effort and delivery timeframes, and prioritise workload, for producing report extracts and interfaces.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to translate reporting requests in order to accurately meet the actual information and deadline needs of customers.
- Collaborate with end users to gather report requirements and ensure proper testing and validation. Provide support to end users on standardised and ad hoc reports.
- Document reporting solutions in sufficient detail to present to customers.
You’ll be part of a multidisciplinary project team. Every team works in an agile way, including scrum and daily stand-ups. You can count on your colleagues for support in some of the more technical aspects, like data migration, testing and of course, development.
Interests and skills:
- Communication skills are key, both towards customers and people within your team. You also have no problem moderating workshops or presenting solutions or finished modules to the customer.
- Because of your analytical mindset, you have no problems translating business requirements into system needs & thinking about solutions.
- Besides that, you are interested in transforming data into information, via the delivery of reports, documents.
What else is expected:
- Several years of database SQL scripting experience.
- Experience working on report development projects.
- Experience or knowledge of reporting tools: Crystal Reports, Microsoft SSRS, Jasper Reports, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Jasper Analytics or similar.
- Understanding of data warehousing techniques and structures.
By clicking ‘apply’, you give your express consent that Robert Half may use your personal information to process your job application and to contact you from time to time for future employment opportunities