Full Job Description
As the largest travel B Corp globally Intrepid creates positive change through the joy of travel by offering sustainable, experience-rich travel and providing the best travel experiences ever, for both the people and the planet.
Travel to us is a force for good and we want to be the best travel company not just in the world, but for the world. So, let’s change the way we all see the world, together as now more than ever, the world needs Intrepid people.
Intrepid Travel has a strong presence in organic search and is committed to increasing its reach in local and international markets. We’re seeking a motivated and passionate copywriter to join the SEO team, who has a knowledge of the relationship between content and SEO, and a background in writing that performs both in search engines and on branded publications.
You will have a passion for travel writing and be motivated by the opportunity to expand the ranking capabilities in Google of one of the world’s leading responsible travel operators. The key responsibility of this role is to improve the SEO rankings of the Intrepid Group’s multiple branded websites, through the creation of high-quality content, both project-related and editorial. The role will include writing for landing pages, destination-based copy & occasionally writing editorial articles.
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract, which can operate out of our London office on a hybrid basis, however, we are also open to remote candidates from across EMEA.
Some of the skills & experience you’ll bring with you will include:
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Journalism, English or similar
- 1+ years in a copywriting role, in-house preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of basic SEO elements and basic understanding of SEO trends and algorithmic updates
- Experience using CMS systems and building landing pages for websites
- Proven ability to write within the context of brand guidelines
- Collaborative and flexible approach to working with people across the business
You’ll have the ability to work independently and be self-motivated, you’ll be a natural problem solver and meet all deadlines sent your way, in addition to that your values will align with ours of integrity, innovation, fun, passion, growth, and responsibility.
What it’s like to work for Intrepid:
Our team reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we visit, our people are comprised of 58 nationalities in 46 countries and Intrepid recognizes that diversity makes us a stronger business. With a commitment to breaking down barriers, we support a culture where people can be themselves. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including First Nation People, LGBTQI+ people, people living with a disability, people from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, and people from different ethnicities, races, and religions.
In addition to the above, some of our other benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements, we’ll work with you to ensure you keep your work-life balance
- Experience Intrepid yourself with an extra week of leave and a free trip every year! Plus, further travel discounts for you, your family, and close friends!
- E-learning, professional development, with diverse global career opportunities
- 20 hours of volunteer leave to spend time on causes that mean the most to you!
- Employee Assistance Program, a 24/7 service that offers counselling for you and your family
Applications close on the 15th of January 2023, however, we will be reviewing applications and arranging interviews over this period, so we encourage you to not delay your application as we may close advertising early if the right candidate is identified.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: £25,000.00-£26,500.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Employee discount
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: Hybrid remote in LONDON