Full Job Description
Specialist: Operational Excellence and Food Safety
Ready to use your hotel, restaurant or supermarket experience in a new and exciting way? Have a knack for training/coaching others? Looking to build your career in a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Steritech Brand Standards is proud to be a member of the Rentokil family of companies in North America. Steritech is the market leader in food safety, quality assurance, and customer experience management. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world’s leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, processing, retail, food service, and hospitality. We help our clients give the best, safest, and healthiest possible service to THEIR customers.
What do our Quality Management Specialists do?
Our Quality Management Specialists help our hotel, restaurant, and grocery clients ensure brand standards, food quality and friendly service for their customers. They also:
- Conduct assessments that measure conformity to established regulatory, industry, and proprietary brand standards for clients
- Observe food prep and cooking standards to ensure food safety, health, and sanitation practices
- Partner with clients to address root causes of assessment discrepancies and develop corrective action plans
- Teach and coach clients how to make their workplace a safer and healthier environment for themselves and THEIR customers
- Travel up to 50%, or 10 days per month, including some evening and weekend work
What do we offer?
- World class training of the latest industry best practices
- Great benefits – Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree (Hospitality Management, Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or other Science degree), with at least one year of experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Associates degree with at least four years progressive experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- High School Diploma/GED and at least five years progressive experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Have excellent listening and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Available to work Monday-Friday and Saturdays as needed
- Ability and desire to influence others with tact and skill
- Ability to provide clear and constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Desire to travel via car and/or plane up to 50% of time
- Thrives in an autonomous working environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Capable of being detail-oriented while focusing on the big picture
- Ability to organize and prioritize work based on urgency, efficiency and other factors
- Safe driving record and a commitment to working safely
- Ability to lift 32 lbs chest high, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching
- Strong technical knowledge of food safety is preferred
- ServSafe and/or CP-FS Certification(s) a plus
- Must pass pre-employment background screen
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass motor vehicle record search
Why Choose Rentokil Canada Corporation?
A career with Rentokil Canada Corporation is exactly that – a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing exceptional customer experience.
Below you’ll find information about some of what Rentokil Canada Corporation has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
Professional and Personal Growth:
- Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
- Opportunity to grow – We love to promote from within!
- Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
- Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counselling services and other benefits
- Company-paid sick time
- Savings & Retirement:
- Retirement Savings plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
- Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
- Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, (and more)
- Work-Life Balance:
- Vacation Days
- Company-Paid Holidays
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
Want to hear Colleague feedback on what it’s like to be on our team? Check out our parent company, Rentokil North America, on Glassdoor! Glassdoor – Rentokil North America
Rentokil Canada Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply for positions. Rentokil Canada Corporation is committed to provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Please ensure to inform us if you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process.