Full Job Description
Date Posted: 12/19/2022
Req ID: 28334
Faculty/Division: UofT Scarborough
Department: UTSC:Dept-Computer & Mathematical Sci
Campus: University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC)
Position Number: 00053030
The University of Toronto Scarborough is a place of energy, enthusiasm and passion. Our commitment to inclusive excellence attracts the brightest learners, scholars and employees from around the globe. Our success has been made possible by the opportunity given to us by our Indigenous hosts to operate on their territory, and we cherish our continuing partnerships with these communities. The University of Toronto Scarborough is an exciting campus with unlimited potential. Join us on our journey.
The Department of Computer and Mathematical Sciences comprises Computer Science, Mathematics, and Statistics. All three disciplines play fundamental roles in science, engineering, and many other areas of academic inquiry and technological innovation. The department offers programs that specialize on a wide range of topics, such as Software Engineering, Machine Learning and Data Mining, Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, and Applied Statistics. Our programs are in high demand and attract a large number of excellent applicants.
This search aligns with the University’s commitment to strategically and proactively promotediversity among our community members (Statement on Equity, Diversity & Excellence). Recognizing that Black, Indigenous, and other Racialized communities have experiencedinequities that have developed historically and are ongoing, we strongly welcome andencourage candidates from those communities to apply.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations and Finance, the Student Success Coordinator provides oversight to the Department’s broad range of student services including academic, career and co-curricular activities in order to maximize student success and to ensure a positive student experience throughout and beyond their undergraduate degree. Working with faculty and the senior leadership team, the Student Success Coordinator is a strategic partner in identifying and implementing ways to collaborate with other U of T Scarborough units (Academic Advising & Career Centre, Student Life, Community Engagement) to increase beneficial services to Computer and Mathematical Sciences students.
Providing oversight to the Student Experience budget, the Student Success Coordinator supports a variety of initiatives that strengthen student leadership skills relevant to undergraduate study through experiential education programming, communications, academic and professional skills development. Working closely with the First Year Programs Coordinator, the Student Success Coordinator leads the first-year student experience for all Computer and Mathematical Sciences students.
Industry expertise and professionalism will be essential to empower students to achieve more and enhance their academic journey in the exciting and intriguing field of Computer and Mathematical Sciences.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and implementing components of curricular and/or co-curricular programs and activities
- Assessing and determining benchmarks and metrics for student success programming activities
- Conducting detailed analysis on program efficiency and student learning outcomes to inform program planning activities
- Implementing plans and process improvements for program and service activities
- Fostering cooperative working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts
- Advising student groups on the development of clubs and societies
- Developing content for marketing and/or promotional materials and editing content for brochures, newsletters, websites and/or handbooks
- Monitoring accounts for a project and/or program and coordinating the recruitment process and training of student volunteers
- Bachelor’s Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum four years experience working directly with student groups, student executives and/ or volunteers in a post-secondary environment.
- Experience with program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge in student development theory and experiential education.
- Experience with providing professional development opportunities, budgeting and financial management.
- Experience managing effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders (including alumni, students, staff and faculty).
- Demonstrated communication, project management, volunteer management, conflict resolution, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build effective partnerships with colleagues and students.
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of survey development, administration and analysis.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment.
- Tact, judgment and patience in dealing with students and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with creative thinking skills.
- Must be able to stay organized, balance multiple priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines; and exercise accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated behaviour that indicates personal commitment to innovation, teamwork, flexibility and integrity.
- Applicants are expected to show evidence of a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and the promotion of a respectful and collegial learning and working environment.
- Strong knowledge of University policies and procedures is an asset.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
- Team player
Note: A copy of the full job description is available upon request from the UTSC HR Office.
Closing Date: 01/07/2023, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 12 – $71,842 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $91,875. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Student Services
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.