Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $78.4K – $99.3K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Waverly, TN.
What you’ll do…
Joining H&R Block as an experienced, seasonal Tax Professional means you’ll serve clients with diverse tax needs with the support of an expert team, dedicated to providing you with advanced tax training you’ll need to be successful.
H&R Block is the industry’s largest consumer tax services provider* and we have been focused on client service for over 60 years. When you join our team, you’ll find that we’re here to live our purpose – to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.
Day to day, you’ll…
- Conduct tax interviews with clients face to face and through virtual tools – video, phone, chat, email
- Prepare complete and accurate tax returns
- Generate business growth, increase client retention, and offer additional products and services
- Provide clients with IRS audit support
- Mentor and support teammates
What you’ll bring to the team…
- Experience in accounting, finance, bookkeeping or tax
- Experience completing individual returns
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort working with virtual tools – video, phone and chat
It would be even better if you also had…
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- CPA or Enrolled Agent certification
- Experience completing complex returns (individual, trust, partnership)
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, finance, bookkeeping or tax
- Experience conducting virtual tax interviews
- Tax planning and audit support experience
- Sales and/or marketing experience
Perks of the job…
Being here has its benefits. Our benefit offerings can help you plan for the health, well-being and financial wellness needs for you and your family. At Block, seasonal associate benefits include:
- Medical coverage
- Retirement savings plans
- Tax prep benefit
- Other perks like flexible options that meet your life, collaborative teams and much more!
Qualifying associates can enroll themselves and/or their eligible dependents in medical and prescription drug coverage; can participate in the H&R Block Retirement Savings Plan (401(k) Plan), the Employee Assistance Program, (virtual) fitness center programs, and the associate discount program; are automatically enrolled in Business Travel Accident Insurance; and receive Associate Tax Prep benefit.
About H&R Block…
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.
H&R Block is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. All qualified applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply.