Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
Designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products. Plans the labour, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. May be responsible for setting the parameters and testing customer samples.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports day-to-day operational aspects of product functional and system test support.
- Works on issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, and detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Has the authority to make responsible decisions comparable to scope of position.
- Gains expertise on product functional/system test (test stations and test procedures) and uses the expertise to help Production with test station troubleshooting and support, test operator training and addressing test station capacity and test station yield issues.
- Provides Design groups (internal and external) with feedback on product related issues observed at functional/system test; provides Design with suggestions for product design improvements.
- Provides Test Development groups (internal and external) with feedback on test related issues observed at functional/system test; provides Test Development with suggestions for test hardware and test software improvements.
- Supplies test-related information (test/debug times, yields) to Manufacturing Engineering group for product routing creation and update.
- Develops good knowledge of product design and uses the knowledge to help Production with product debug and troubleshooting.
- Works with Repair and Quality departments on analysis of field returns (RMAs).
Education and experience
- University Degree in Engineering.
- Post-graduate coursework is considered an asset.
Sanmina welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. In accordance with the guidelines established under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.