Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to guests.
- Ensure that mise en place is completed shift to shift and during service in order to provide an efficient service. This includes cleaning tasks in front and back of house as well as polishing and assembling of equipment
- Be able to operate the required steps on the point of sales system in order to process food and beverage orders
- Properly up-sell services and products to our guests at all times, enhancing service and generating increased revenue
- Perform any tasks relating to billing according to hotel standards and cashiering policies
- Conserve all outlet equipment and utensils in good conditions by proper day to day handling of all applicable utensils and by carrying out required side duties as assigned
- Assist in picking up all required stocks, including linen, beverage, dried goods and others and arrange them accordingly
- Create WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the Restaurants through gestures and other actions
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred
- Experience as server in a high volume restaurant with highest levels of service is preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working as server
- Ability to understand guest needs and to deliver superior customer service
- Basic computer skills including MS Office is preferred
- Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals