Full Job Description
Our Cloud Native Engineers specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. They work in close nit teams to deliver some of the most innovative solutions using the Microsoft stack and a variety of Open Source to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients. We put a lot of time and effort into the Microsoft community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs – written by Microsoft enthusiasts, for everyone: https://medium.com/capgemini-microsoft-team. We also have some public opensource projects available in our Github (https://github.com/capgemini) and much more in the pipeline to be released.
You will join a community of over 120 people that deliver some of the biggest and most exciting IT projects, all built on Microsoft technology built on Azure. Join a team that is delivering projects with a positive social impact at the forefront of technology trends with a comprehensive delivery methodology and technical accelerators. You’ll be working with people ranging in experience, from early and emerging talent to specialists. You’ll work in a cloud-first environment, with a strong focus on serverless, microservices and containerisation, seeing them through from design and into production. With training and development support all the way through your career and clients across multiple industries (Retail, Utilities, Manufacturing, Transport and Health) you’ll never have a dull moment or find yourself short of challenges!
- Act as a developer and subject matter expert on delivery engagements for clients with responsibility for the specification, development, testing and implementation of complex cloud native applications.
- Helping shape and implement delivery best practices across projects e.g. branching strategy, testing methodology, CI/CD and pipelines.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms, frameworks, automated testing, deployment and release pipelines, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, errors, saturation, traffic and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and release velocity.
- Help define processes and standards, following Open Source best practices and keeping abreast of industry trends
- Energy and excitement about cloud computing with experience of building scalable, resilient applications using Azure.
- Experience of .NET and related technologies (.NET Core, MVC, Entity Framework, etc.).
- Experience of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD), ideally using Azure DevOps.
- Experience of working in collaborative teams and working in an agile manner in a commercial environment.
- A passion for technology and a drive to build enterprise systems with some of the UK’s biggest names.
- A desire to continually develop your knowledge of new functionality in the Microsoft technology stack, knowing what the future holds and how it can benefit our customers. We are also using the following technologies and patterns, it would be great if you had some of the skills, if not we can help develop them
- Designing microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD), CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
- Hold one or more Azure or .NET certifications
- Azure DevOps
- Knowledge or experience of Security standards i.e. OWASP, PCI etc.
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements. Employee wellbeing is vitally important to us as an organisation. We see a healthy and happy workforce a critical component for us to achieve our organisational ambitions. To help support wellbeing we have trained ‘Mental Health Champions’ across each of our business areas. We have also invested in wellbeing apps such as Thrive and Peppy. Benefit from learning for life with Capgemini’s unique and innovative L&D offering. This is driven by our digital learning platform ‘Next’ and our ‘Learning for all’ mindset.
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion