Full Job Description
- $67, 886 – $74,404 + 17% superannuation
- 2 Year Full Time, Fixed Term position
- Flexible working hours and free gym membership included!
Your new role
Curtin University’s Sport and Recreation team are searching for their next Communications and PR superstar to join their fun, dynamic and supportive team. Based in Curtin’s renowned stadium, this role oversees the development and delivery of communication and content material across Curtin’s traditional and digital media channels.
This opportunity allows the incumbent to flexibly work in and out of the office, as fieldwork is an integral component to generate engaging content for Curtin’s Sport and Recreation platforms. We are looking for someone who is willing to support our vision to inspire students to try new things, move each day and find out there is more to university life than study.
In addition, as an employed team member under the umbrella of Curtin Sport and Recreation, you are encouraged to utilise all the attractive services offered with a free gym membership to Curtin Stadium’s state-of-the-art sport and active recreation facility.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare communication and promotional materials (including researching, writing copy, sourcing and taking photographs) for publishing through relevant channels (Curtin’s website, social media platforms and e-newsletters).
- Ensure all written content complies with Curtin brand identity style guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of key student-facing, community and internal resources.
- Assist with the implementation of a range of marketing and promotion strategies.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including students and university associates
- Undertake other activities which the incumbent might reasonably be expected to do, and which are consistent with the accountabilities and responsibilities as listed above.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- A relevant degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours when required
- Experience and/or background in a sport and recreation facility. Experience working within a tertiary education setting is advantageous.
- Genuine interest and passion for sport, recreation and physical activity
You will require current work rights in Australia that match the tenure of this role. Only in limited situations will visa sponsorship situations be considered.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Curtin Stadium Reception on 08 9266 7870 .
Curtin University provides students, staff and the wider community access to a state-of-the-art sport and active recreation facility (Curtin Stadium) incorporating:
- 900sqm Fully equipped gymnasium
- Group fitness studio
- Specialised studio
- Health and rehabilitation clinic
- Vast outdoor recreation spaces, as well as
- Indoor and outdoor multi use courts.
The facilities, fitness, sport and recreation services and programs offered aim to inspire and engage students on campus and contribute to the vibrant student experience.
Additionally, our campus includes a medical centre, childcare, an art gallery, endless food options including a full-range grocer, beautiful gardens, end-of-trip facilities, good parking and excellent public transport connections.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Please provide a cover letter, and your CV to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
To view a copy of the Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your web browser.
Applications close: 9PM AWST Sunday, 15 January 2023
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, undergo character, integrity, and reference checks. Please note that this position may be subject to a WA state government vaccination mandate. If requested, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status prior to employment.