DSHS Lakeland Registered Nurse 2
At Lakeland Village, our Registered Nurses describe serving the developmentally delayed population as the most rewarding and fulfilling work in healthcare.
We have opportunities to join us, where you will get to work with our clients who are sincere, genuine, and thrive from our dedicated service supporting them to live their lives based on choice. We are seeking RN’s who are connected to Transforming Lives by creating an extraordinary culture where you will teach, mentor, and coach such that each individual is valued as a contributing member of the community.
Evening and Night shifts include a shift differential in addition to the standard compensation rate.
What makes us an employer of choice for Registered Nurses
- Outstanding benefits including medical, dental, and retirement
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- Multiple shift availability and additional income through overtime hours and/or shift premium
- We are a community-driven campus with a culture of collaboration
$2,000 ($500 following successful completion of new employee orientation; $500 after probation period; $1,000 after 1 year following probation period). Incentive is prorated for part-time employment. Incentive applies to RN’s new to state employment. Minimum 6 month break in service for returning employees to qualify for incentive.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Foster wellness and serve as a liaison in partnership with our team, clients, and family members
- Inspire strength by collaborating to plan, develop, and deliver nursing care for clients
- Act as the client advocate by observing the physical and mental conditions, assessing for any physical and/or behavioral changes
- Document observations, interventions, and other pertinent information related to a client’s health status
- Administer medications and monitor for any health concerns
- Provide professional consultation and support LPNs and nursing assistant staff
Who should apply?
Professionals with a valid Washington state license to practice as a Registered Nurse or have the ability to obtain a valid Washington state license by the start of employment.
Our Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) mission to Transform Lives requires that we come together with a sense of belonging, common purpose, shared values and meaningful work. It is crucial to our agency’s mission that you bring an equity, anti-racism and social justice commitment to your work with DSHS. We strive to create greater access and affirming representation of the communities we serve, including Black, Indigenous and People of Color, people with physical, behavioral health, and intellectual disabilities, elders, LGBTQIA+ individuals, immigrants and refugees, and families building financial security.