Full Job Description
Permanent position, 1.0 FTE.
A chance to work with a high performing, dedicated and friendly web development team who are passionate about creating first class web applications in support of our teaching, learning, research and administration. Our aim is to create an environment in which collaboration, innovation and independent thinking are encouraged and which allows you to progress into becoming a confident, full-stack developer. We hope you will consider us and look forward to receiving your application.
Interview Date: TBC.
To develop, deliver and maintain a rich set of digital services in support of the Business School’s plans for teaching, learning, research, administration and business development.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Liaise closely with customers and colleagues in order to ensure that project specifications are accurately defined and user interfaces appropriately designed.
3. Develop new system features in both back-end and front-end technologies
4. Plan, design and execute application testing
5. Create and maintain project documentation
6. Explore new technologies and keep informed about current best practice
7. Work effectively as part of the team.
1. The design of new web systems and features for use by staff, students, alumni and external users.
2. Design systems with particular regard to the key requirements of creating secure, compliant, scalable applications that also provide an overall excellent user experience.
1. Perform application maintenance
2. Triage and solve bugs and problems
3. Provide support to customers and answer queries
4. Maintain databases
Other duties allocated by the Head of Applications Development as appropriate within the context of the scope and grading of the role.