Full Job Description
AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND /
GROWTH – MARKETING, TUTS+ AND MIXKIT /
FIXED TERM FULL TIME
We value inclusivity and diversity at Envato. Research shows candidates from neurodiverse and underrepresented backgrounds often only apply for roles if they meet all the criteria. We like to make our hiring decisions based on experience and passion, so if you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments please let us know. We also encourage you to let us know the pronouns you use at any point during the recruitment process.
Our focus is on helping people to complete their creative projects, with our author community earning every time that happens.
Envato proudly impacts the lives of creatives all over the world, from web developers and graphic designers, to marketers, videographers, photographers and more. We’ve built a community where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where creators bring their ideas to life and in the process, earn a living doing what they love. It doesn’t get much better than that!
We are a global and rapidly scaling business. Blending purpose and profit, we’re a passionate B Corp, committed to making a positive impact on the communities we engage in. You can read more about our purpose, mission and values on our website.
We’ve embraced flexibility for a long time – where we can, let’s make work, work for you! Our roles can be based ANYWHERE in Australia or New Zealand, and while we all mostly work from home we’re proud of how we keep our global team connected.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to join us for a 12 month fixed term contract from February 2023! Reporting into our Senior Content Marketing Manager, the Social Media Manager is responsible for the success of Envato’s social media team and channels, including setting the strategy and increasing Envato’s presence and impact within the global creative community.
The main function of this role is to lead our social media team to deliver high-quality social content across multiple platforms, and identify and leverage growth opportunities. The Social Media Manager will have a deep knowledge of social platforms, understand how to communicate the value of social to senior stakeholders, and advise other areas of the business on how to use social to achieve results.
Strategy and Vision*
- Define and own Envato’s social media strategy to ensure we’re investing and focusing our attention on the biggest social opportunities.
- Make the business case to support key social media initiatives and contribute to problem-solving and decision-making across the organisation.
- Contribute to the content marketing strategy, owning the delivery of social media marketing, and ensuring it’s aligned with our other content channels (video, blog, Tuts+, etc).
- Regularly present updates on Envato’s social strategy and performance, and competitor activity to the wider marketing team and business.
- Be an evangelist for social media at Envato, and take stakeholders on a journey with you, including educating them on how to use social media.
- Create and implement social media workflows to ensure we’re sourcing, repurposing, and distributing the right content, in the right format, from around the business across relevant social media platforms.
- Collaborate with Envato’s Video and Design teams to ensure we have the right mix of on-brand content, and ensure high standards are adhered to across social media creative.
- Utilise an understanding of the influencer landscape to build an influencer strategy for Envato, including how we can best leverage Envato authors and affiliates to demonstrate the value of Envato products.
- Effectively manage a social media budget, including providing recommendations on paid activity across social media platforms.
- Ability to take a hands-on approach, jumping on the tools and demonstrating your skills (where required) to ensure we deliver the best quality content.
- Drive deep insights from our analytics, ensuring we’re measuring the right KPIs to make informed decisions about where we allocate resources.
- Keep a constant eye on industry trends and competitor activity, to ensure we stay one step ahead, and use the social media platforms and features that make sense for our brand and audience.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with cross-functional teams, either where social media is part of a campaign or when it’s the central focus.
Team Leadership & People Management
- Oversee the work and development of your direct reports within the social media team, including onboarding and training new team members.
- Empathy for those you work with and mentor, and a drive to build and foster highly-effective teams.
- Champion and educate teams on best practice, and shape and improve our ways of working.
- A strong team leader with considerable experience managing and directing social media teams and strategies to drive business, brand, and commercial outcomes, as well as coaching and training social media specialists to develop in their careers and deliver best-in-class social media content.
- Experience overseeing multi-channel and brand social media programs, including hands-on experience with all the major social media platforms.
- A track record of building and growing online communities and a deep knowledge of community management, including developing policies & escalation procedures, working with PR, Legal, and Support teams.
- A good grasp of how social media can support other channels, from PR & Comms to SEO, whether it’s via outreach, brand monitoring, or UGC.
- Previous ownership of paid media budget, to drive brand awareness and engagement, and ultimately increase interest in products and services.
- Sound analytical capabilities and demonstrated ability to build rigour around social media measurement, from tools, frameworks, KPIs, and benchmarks to business impact and growth.
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills. Able to turn recommendations into reality and advocate for the value of social media to senior leaders and other teams, as well as clearly articulate the social strategy and goals.
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to get stuff done.
- Able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial & data-rich environment.
- A desire for continuous learning, always developing your understanding and mastery of the platforms and features to drive growth.
- At the forefront of industry developments, creative trends, and new social media features, and how they differ locally across Envato’s key geographies.
We’ve seen the research that suggests women or under-represented folks might have talked themselves out of applying. But here’s the thing, we want to hear from you, so please hit that apply button!
Some of the great things we offer*
We provide Macs or HP’s for you to do your best work, as well as a generous tech spend allowance of $1800 (AU) / $2000 (NZ) for an initial tech set-up to suit your needs, and an ongoing allowance
- Home office setup contribution – all employees receive a one off payment of $1000 (AU) / $1200 (NZ) to create or uplift your home office working space
- Monthly contribution to support work from home costs $50 (AU) / $60 (NZ)
- Paid Parental Leave – Envato offers the Primary Carer 20 weeks leave at full pay (with the option to take it as 40 weeks at half pay), and for partner parental leave we offer 3 weeks full pay for eligible team members
- In addition to paid parental leave, we also pay superannuation on the paid and unpaid portion of the Primary Carer period for up to 12 months
- Employees receive an annual individual allowance to connect with colleagues as you choose $150 (AU) / $160 (NZ)
- Profit share – when Envato generates a profit in a given financial year, we share a portion of that profit with staff
- An annual individual Learning & Development budget for each employee
- Free Envato Elements subscription for side gigs/personal use
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
We’re B Corp certified & believe in succeeding sustainably as one global team
- Public Holiday Swap – recognising that employees may have different religious and cultural practices, as well as different political beliefs, Envato’s Public Holiday Swap policy allows employees to swap up to 4 public holidays a year for another day of significance
- We support the flexibility to work from anywhere (and the opportunity to combine work & travel) by supporting our people to work from almost any location in the world for up to 3 months every year, and offering up to 20 days of additional purchased leave
- We removed standard hours from our employment contracts to empower our people to work in a way that makes sense to them
- We are committed to supporting the physical and mental health and wellbeing of our people. Through our Health & Wellbeing program, Thrive, we offer a range of options and benefits throughout the year
- We support working parents through a range of initiatives, including being a proud partner with Grace Papers
- As part of our values and vision, Envato contributes 2% of profits to charities in each of the three main countries we operate in (Australia, Mexico, and the US)
Envato is proud to be a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant.