Full Job Description
We specialise in providing financial services to some of the nation’s most trusted professions: GPs, hospital doctors, dentists and teachers, and have been doing this since 1841. Our customers are extraordinary – the people who shape the world we live in for the better. We chose to shape our world around the exceptional.
We currently employ around 1400 people, and our success comes from a history of evolving to embrace new challenges. Transformation is key to how we work, so no matter what your job title might be, if you are someone who can help us shape the future, you’ll fit right in and have a voice here.
We are proud supporters of the ABI Making Flexible Work campaign which means we are open to discuss flexible working, job shares and part time options. We also support hybrid ways of working, where you can split your week working from home and our iconic Birmingham city centre
A key part of the Brand and Integrated Marketing team, the role reports to the Integrated Content Strategy Manager. The Graphic Designer is a key role in developing and shaping and delivering our exciting brand and will work across a wide range of projects from digital, brand identity, experiential, print, web, email, social & press. The role will work together with marketing, communications, external creative resources, printers, and suppliers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate in the conceptualisation, design and production of effective, creative solutions for various touch points
- Assist in designing for all consumer touch points including web, social media, marketing collateral and sales materials across both B2B and B2C positioning
- Design and structure internal & external presentations
- Assist in the direction of internal and external projects and campaigns
- Create any related design materials for events and programs.
- Regularly contribute ideas and design direction
- Keeping abreast of design trends, programmes, and technologies to be able to offer current, relevant design options/advice, particularly development in digital and interactive design.
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
- Prioritise and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Maintain the full suite of collateral, managing periodic updates as required
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images
- Work with a wide range of media and use various graphic design software packages, such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Liaise with internal teams and clients, taking and interpreting briefs
- Work closely with the broader marketing, corporate communications, internal comms and PR teams
- Act as brand guardian to always ensure consistent use of branding
We know the best teams are made up of inclusive groups of diverse people where everyone’s contribution counts, and we believe everyone has the right to proudly be themselves. We’re building a culture where difference is actively encouraged and simply recruit the best people for the job irrespective of lifestyle, life history and life choices.
We’re looking for:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in graphic arts, design, communications or a related field
- Experience within a Graphic Design role is highly advantageous
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print and the web
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign and other graphic design software
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Strong analytical skills
- An excellent eye for detail
The financials on offer:
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Annual Performance based Bonus
- A great pension scheme – company matched plus 2% (up to 10%).
When you’re working in the office, we’re based on Colmore Circus Queensway in Birmingham
- Close to rail links: 0.1 mile from Snowhill and 0.5 mile from New Street
- Free onsite car parking available (bookable in advance to secure your spot)
- We operate truly flexible working – keep a healthy work-life balance with days from home and in the office
Reward and Recognition (The core benefits you’d probably expect)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days with service anniversaries).
- Buy extra holiday days or sell holiday you don’t need.
- Life assurance – worth four times your base pay
- Flexible benefits – includes our travel loan/car parking scheme, cycle to work programme plus others
- Discounts – across major brands in retail, health, wellbeing and leisure.
- Employee assistance programme – we help you, take care of you
Flexible & Inclusive (The extras you might be surprised by):
- Culture day- an additional day off to utilise in any way you personally choose
- Volunteering days – 2 paid days per year
- Health checks – access to unlimited video GP consultations
- Enhanced Maternity Pay: 16 weeks at 100% average earnings (decreasing over time)
- Enhanced Paternity Pay: 100% of average earnings for up to 8 weeks
- Menopause Support Plans
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders
- Salary sacrifice scheme for ultra-low emission cars (electric and plug in hybrids)
- We are committed to the personal and professional growth of our people: across 2021 and 2022 so far, of the circa 850 roles we’ve offered, 29% of these went to internal colleagues to further their careers
- The Wesleyan Foundation- we’ve donated over £4.3 million to worthy causes across the UK.
- We are committed to continuing to understand and improve the impact we have on society and our environment. Sustainability at Wesleyan.
- Supporters of the Women in Finance Charter and a founding member of the Women in Business network
- Members of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme
- From our most recent Employee Survey, 75% of our people see their colleagues as friends
- Here’s what our people say about us: EVP (INT) – Why do you like working at Wesleyan?
We are unable to provide VISA sponsorship, and therefore cannot employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK – within our recruitment process you will be asked to provide evidence of your Right to Work.
Any unsolicited submissions from agencies will be accepted as a direct application from the candidate and no fees will be payable.
We reserve the right to close adverts early if we receive a high volume of applications; we would therefore recommend an early application if you’d like to be considered for our opportunities