Full Job Description
Nine’s purpose is to shape culture by sparking conversations, challenging perspectives, and entertain our communities. We bring people together by celebrating the big occasions and connecting the everyday moments. Australia belongs here.
At Nine’s core are our people. We share voices and opinions. We challenge the status quo – celebrating new, different and innovative ideas. We are ambitious, and push boundaries with fearless integrity. We act as one team, encouraging individuals to bring their own unique capabilities, experiences and characteristics to their role everyday.
Your new opportunity at Nine
This is a great opportunity for a passionate Graphic Design graduate to kick start their career by joining a well established and successful design team. As a Junior Designer you will play an integral role within a team of 5 talented creatives, as part of Nine’s Trade Marketing team. You will be joining a group of passionate marketing masterminds responsible for bringing our brand to life through visual storytelling across the Nine brand.
We strive to position the Nine brand so that our trade partners not only see us as offering the most effective platforms for advertising, but also as the most creative, progressive and innovative media and entertainment brand in Australia.
Day to day you will:
- Create, design and format marketing materials including product one-pagers, mediakits, static/dynamic banners, PowerPoint slides, daily eDM material and social posts.
- Create and maintain design assets to be used for internal content creation
- Maintain brand guidelines including templates and instructions for the wider company to use
- Work with the Trade Marketing team to develop creative concepts for ‘go to market’ material and upcoming sales content priorities.
- Contribute ideas to develop and evolve the visual brand of the business to reflect the growth of the business
- Create and edit basic videos including intro and outro sequences, adding music and captions
- Any ad hoc design/marketing duties that may arise including assisting with broader marketing programs or events
What you will bring to the role:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent in Visual Communication (preferred)
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- An understanding of the basics of InDesign, After effects and Premiere Pro is desired, but not essential
- A willingness to learn and further develop your skillset
- Exceptional planning, organisational and interpersonal skills
- The ablility to deliver to deadlines and to work across a bundle of projects simultaneously
If this sounds like you, please submit an application ASAP. On your resume please be sure to include a URL link to your portfolio.
Life at Nine
Nine is a people business. Being part of the team means you’ll be in a culture that promotes creativity and innovation, diversity and inclusion, is open to feedback, rewards impact and ensures everyone is heard. You’ll also receive:
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you’ll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our Talent Acquisition Team are taking a well-deserved break over the festive period. Any applications received from 23 December onwards will be reviewed when they return to the office the week commencing January 9. We appreciate your patience during this time and wish you a wonderful holiday season.