Full Job Description
The Manager, Academic and Administrative Services is responsible for providing leadership in planning and operationalizing the delivery of academic and non-academic activities of the department. The role ensures the efficient and effective functioning of the unit by developing strategies and plans to achieve objectives and leads ongoing business process improvements. The Manager works in collaboration with senior administration on departmental matters and conducts complex analyses to support strategic decision making.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or a relevant discipline and three years of related experience in student advising, financial administration, operational management, strategic planning, project management, personnel management, faculty affairs and curriculum development, planning and coordination.
- Excellent knowledge of university policies, procedures, protocol and governance.
- Excellent knowledge of employment practices and the ability to understand and apply collective agreements.
- Advanced team leadership, supervisory and mentorship skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Advanced financial and personnel management skills.
- Advanced organizational, analytical reasoning, problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, consultative and shared leadership environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing or shifting priorities.
- Ability to lead change and create a positive working environment.
- Ability to understand and represent the business needs of the department.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of empathy, tact, diplomacy, and discretion.