- Category: Engineering
Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA | Beavercreek, OH, USA +1 more
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Xetron is a small Operating Unit of the larger Northrop Grumman Corporation that is located in Cincinnati Ohio. Xetron is a rare example of an organization with a small business culture that is operating collaboratively with its larger business parent entity. This unique relationship offers employees the ability to literally know everyone at the site at a personal level while still working on technologies and products that are beyond state-of-the-art.
You’ll get the opportunity to wrestle with the next big problems in an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation, sharing your expertise with the new guy and learning from your peers. Remember when you were excited about getting to work because the challenge of the problem, the importance of the solution and the fun you had with your team? Xetron is that kind of place!
We are seeking a cleared or clearable Principal Electronics Engineer as key a contributor to the successful completion of projects. Professionals who want to solve the puzzles that make a difference to our nation’s security.
- Research, design, develop, and test a variety of digital, power, and analog circuits.
- Work with engineers in other disciplines to develop these circuits into final products.
- Help guide and determine technical direction of programs using advanced technical principles, theories and concepts including the development of new principles and concepts.
- Perform with appropriate oversight needed to complete assignments.
- Handle complex technical issues and resolve them in new and innovative ways.
- Be proficient with the setup and use of electronic test equipment.
- Possess working knowledge of simulation tools such as Spice, MATLAB, and Excel.
- Responsibilities may include designing or supporting the design and test of the RF circuitry in the system.
*This position may be filled at the Engineer or Principal level*
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 3 years of relevant experience; or PhD with 0 years of experience
- Proficient with simulation tools such as Spice and MATLAB
- Basic knowledge of Digital Circuit Design
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with schematic and layout tools
- Design experience in the Space domain
- Experience in high speed digital design
- Experience designing power supply, analog and digital circuitry
- Experience in designing RF circuitry
This position offers the option of a 9/80 work schedule. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This position reports to Cincinnati, OH, USA, however, this position can also be worked from Beavercreek, OH, OH, USA.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.