OHB System AG – We.Create.Space
OHB System AG is one of the leading space companies in Europe. The company is part of the listed high-tech group OHB SE, which has more than 3,000 employees working on pivotal European space programs. With two strong locations in Bremen and Oberpfaffenhofen near Munich and more than 40 years of experience, OHB System AG specialises in high-tech solutions for space. These include low-orbiting and geostationary satellites for Earth observation, navigation, telecommunications, science and space exploration as well as systems for human space flight and aerial reconnaissance. We owe our success to our employees’ passion for innovation, as well as their commitment and initiative.
For permanent employment the Optical Systems department at OHB System AG in Oberpfaffenhofen is looking for a
Senior Optical Engineer Design and Analyses (m/f/d)
You are an experienced Senior Optical Engineer and you are up to the challenge of developing optical instruments for current and future space projects?
In this role you will be responsible for the optical system design and analysis. You will be deeply involved in realization and verification of space borne optical instruments and subsystems.
With your sound experience you will act as a go-to person for other optical engineers across all projects and all teams of the optical department to discuss with them design ideas and concepts and to support them in solving technical problems.
At OHB you will experience thrilling working conditions and a professional environment. You will work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and multi-language team for flagship space programs of ESA, DLR and also for commercial New Space programs.
• Responsible for the optical design and development of optical systems and products for present and future European and German space missions
• Coordination of optical design, development, integration and test activities with other engineering disciplines and technical managers
• Perform and lead the optical design, analysis including tolerancing from early concept to the final product
• Define, lead and conduct trade studies to suggest principal optical design choices and to drive design decisions
• Define technical requirements for optical systems, sub-systems and components
• Develop optical verification methods, integration and alignment strategies, and establish error and performance budgets
• Information exchange with customers and subcontractors at the technical level
• University degree or equivalent qualification in optics, physics, engineering or related technical discipline
• Strong knowledge in optics with senior expertise in optical modeling and simulation by using optical design software like ZEMAX or Code V
• Excellent knowledge of imaging systems, telescopes, spectrometers and interferometers for space applications covering a broad spectral range
• Experience in interfacing with other engineering disciplines like mechanical-, structural- and thermal engineering
• Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
• Knowledge on detector technologies (CMOS, CCDs, Bolometers) as interface to the optical chain of a space instrument
• Programming skills (Python, Matlab)
• Experience with straylight design and analysis (FRED, ASAP or similar)
• Experience in hands-on work for optical alignment and testing of optical instruments
• Knowledge in collaboration with manufactures of optical elements like lenses, mirrors and optical coatings