Full Job Description
The Mosaic Company (NYSE: MOS) is the world’s leading integrated producer of concentrated phosphate and potash—two of the three most important nutrients in agriculture. We employ more than 13,000 people in six countries to serve farmers all over the world. Our Headquarters is in Lithia, Florida with operations throughout North America (U.S./Canada) and South America.
At Mosaic We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs – Apply today and join our team!
Junior Process Engineer
Where will you work: Onsite (SK-80, Yarbo, SK S0A 4V0, Canada)
The Junior Process Engineer will help our team in improving our unique industrial milling processes through troubleshooting and design. You will serve as an active contributor to Mosaic cross-site and/or cross-functional assignments and initiatives. You will be frequently assigned to high-profile projects, support assignments, and will be responsible for front-end engineering support of capital projects. Work responsibilities will reside in the wet or dry surface processing areas. You may be responsible for direct or indirect supervision of consultants, contractors, technicians, or students. The successful candidate will communicate and interface with a wide distribution of personnel including management, production, maintenance & reliability, capital, research & development, quality control, and trades.
What you’ll do:
- Operational Excellence (50%). Execution of technical troubleshooting and day-to-day support for operations to achieve targets. Work in conjunction with production personnel to eliminate technical barriers in achieving process parameters. Actively contribute in daily/weekly/monthly KPI reviews & performance management best practices.
- Process Improvement Projects (30%). Contribute to department and site goals through timely and effective execution of process improvement projects. This may involve increasing production capabilities, debottlenecking, safety and environmental stewardship, and product quality improvements.
- Planning (15%). Assist with planning activities including process modeling, development of production targets and parameters, capital design support, and five-year planning activities. Identifying longer term areas of improvement to fill through technology or innovation.
- Environment, Health, and Safety (5%). Ensuring a high-level of safety and environmental excellence is sustained in the operation of the assets in our facilities. Participate and contribute to EHS requirements including safety audits, safety meetings, 5S, and Management of Change.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- 0-8+ years of practical engineering experience
- Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.) certification or Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) status with APEGS
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Collaborative and can perform in a team environment.
- Strong ability to set goals, priorities, and schedule to accomplish tasks.
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
Benefits Offered by Mosaic:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k company matching
- Optional HSA plan with company match
- 9/80 schedule